Are you after an easy weeknight dinner that's packed with flavour!? Then our Thermomix Mexican Beef Bowls are exactly what you need. Shredded Mexican beef with a deliciously healthy salad... and of course, a good dollop of sour cream (and some sneaky corn chips on the side!).
This is definitely one quick and easy dinner - which makes it perfect for us busy mummas (and dads!). You can cook the meat ahead of time and keep it warm in the ThermoServer. Then it's just a matter of letting everyone in the family mix and match with their favourite salad ingredients.
I like to serve these Thermomix Mexican Beef Bowls with sour cream and corn chips... because YUM!!! This is definitely a family favourite in our house!
Our recipe has been adapted from this recipe on the Recipe Community.
Thermomix Mexican Beef Bowls
- 500 g beef rump steak , chopped into chunks
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 red onion , halved
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli powder (more or less depending on taste preference)
- 500 g beef stock
- 50 g tomato paste
- Baby spinach , lettuce, grated cheese, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, to serve
- Sour cream and corn chips , to serve
- Place chopped beef rump steak into a bowl. Add the paprika and cumin and stir to coat. Set aside until needed.
- Place the red onion into the Thermomix bowl and chop on Speed 6, 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 2 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic and chilli powder.
- Cook on Varoma, Speed 2, 3 minutes.
- Pour the beef stock into the Thermomix bowl (with the sautéed onion mixture).
- Place the beef chunks into the basket and insert into the Thermomix.
- Cook for 25 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 2.
- Drain half of the stock liquid (and leave the remaining half in the bowl).
- Add the cooked beef and the tomato paste.
- Shred the beef on Reverse, 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Prepare the salad ingredients in your serving bowls.
- Add the shredded beef, sour cream and corn chips.