With a 1 year old in the house, I'm always on the lookout for dinners that everyone can eat (I'm soooo not a fan of making separate dinners!)... and this Thermomix Hidden Vegetable Pasta Bake ticks all the boxes. It's packed full of vegetables, makes a big batch of pasta bake (so plenty of leftovers) AND it tastes great.
The thing I like the best about this pasta bake is that you can chop the vegetables as chunky or as fine as you like. I did mine quite small to make it easier for my son to eat, but it's totally up to you.
One little word of warning!! You will need to remove a few big scoops of the pasta sauce mixture and place it into the base of your baking dish before adding the pasta to cook... or it will definitely overflow! Make sure the mixture is just below the 'max line' after you've added the pasta and you'll be fine!
So there you have it! A totally family-friendly, one-year-old-approved Thermomix Hidden Vegetable Pasta Bake!!!!
If you like this recipe, make sure you check out our Thermomix Vegetable Soup
- ½ onion , halved
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- ½ red capsicum , halved
- ½ zucchini , roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot , roughly chopped
- ¼ butternut pumpkin , roughly chopped (approximately 200g)
- 120 g tomato paste
- 1 X 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 X 420g tin cream of chicken condensed soup
- 400 g water
- 2 tsp vegetable stock
- 300 g short pasta
- 200 g cheddar cheese , grated
- Place the onion into the Thermomix bowl.
- Chop Speed 8, 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the olive oil and garlic and cook on 120 degrees, 3 minutes, Speed 1.
- Add the red capsicum, zucchini, carrot and pumpkin and chop for 7 seconds, Speed 7 (chop for longer or less time depending on how fine or chunky you would like).
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, can of cream of chicken soup, water and vegetable stock and cook on Varoma, 10 minutes, Speed 2.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Remove 3-4 large scoops of the sauce and place into the bottom of a well greased baking dish (remove enough sauce so that it's just below the max line once the pasta has been added).
- Add the pasta and stir through.
- Cook on Varoma, 10 minutes, Reverse, Speed Soft (the length of time will depend on the size of the short pasta used) - the pasta will be al dente.
- Pour the pasta into the casserole dish, grate the cheese over top, and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden.