If you like Gingerbread, you are going to love this easy Thermomix Gingerbread Loaf!
I’ve already made this easy Thermomix Gingerbread Loaf three times since discovering the recipe a few weeks ago, it really is that good and my kids love it – as you can see!
We love this loaf when it’s fresh from the oven and still a little warm but have also toasted it under the grill the next day and added some butter which is also all kinds of amazing. This Gingerbread Loaf makes a great treat and would also be perfect as a snack for Santa on Christmas Eve!
If you are looking for a Gingerbread CAKE recipe, this isn’t for you, as this is a fudgey thick loaf and not light and fluffy like a cake – but don’t worry it still is delicious!
- 125 g of butter
- 160 ml of golden syrup
- 125 g of brown sugar
- 225 g of plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Line a large loaf tin (approximately 10cm x 18cm) with baking paper and pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees fan-forced.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, bicarb soda and golden syrup into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 4 minutes at 60 degrees speed 2.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds on speed 4 until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and lightly tap it on your bench to remove any air bubbles before gently smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Place the Gingerbread Loaf into the oven and cook for 1 hour or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.