Our Thermomix Apple Loaf is easy to make, and even easier to eat! This recipe is made with simple ingredients and can be prepared and baked in under one hour.
I'm a big fan of apple recipes (our Apple and Berry Cake is one of my all time favourites!) so you can just imagine how much I'm in love with this yummy Thermomix Apple Loaf recipe. I've made this loaf quite a lot over the years and find it's a good way to use up those half eaten apples that my kids like to put back into the fridge!
You will love:
Quick to prepare - this Apple Loaf can be ready to go into the oven in under 10 minutes.
Packed with flavour - with the perfect ration of apple and cinnamon, you will enjoy every single bite of this delicious loaf.
Budget friendly - the cake batter is made from pantry staples and you can even use up the kids leftover apples!
Freezer friendly - freeze for up to three months.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients and the method in the recipe card below.
- Self-raising flour
- Caster sugar
- Butter - we used unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract - vanilla essence can also be used
- Eggs - 70 gram eggs
- Milk - full cream or skim milk can be used
- Apples - any type of apple variety can be used
How to make an Apple Loaf in a Thermomix:
Step 1. Roughly chop the apple and toss in cinnamon.
Step 2. Place the remaining ingredients into Thermomix bowl and mix until combined.
Step 3. Transfer the cake mixture to a lined loaf pan.
Step 4. Sprinkle the apple pieces over the top.
Step 5. Bake until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Recipe Hints and Tips
You can use any type of apple for this Thermomix Apple Loaf recipe, we have used Granny Smith, Royal Gala and Pink Lady Apples with success in the past.
You also don't have to peel the apples.
Store in an airtight container in at room temperature and enjoy within five days.
This recipe can be made in advance and frozen, so it's perfect for school lunchboxes and also for when unexpected guests pop in.
Lightly dust fruit pieces with flour or a spice such as cinnamon to prevent it from sinking to the bottom of your cake pan or muffin wrapper.
It is best to use an apple which will hold its shape when baked. Try using apple varieties such as Fuji, Royal Gala, Pink Lady or Granny Smith.
You may also enjoy:
- Thermomix Orange Butter Cake Recipe
- Thermomix Pound Cake Recipe
- Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
- Thermomix Apple & Cinnamon Scrolls
- Thermomix Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake
- Thermomix Vanilla Cake
- Thermomix Orange and Sultana Cake
- Thermomix Strawberry and Banana Loaf
- Thermomix Butter Cake
Thermomix Apple Loaf
- 1 x large loaf pan
- 225 grams self raising flour
- 165 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 130 grams milk
- 80 grams apple
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced) and line the base and sides of a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel the apple and roughly chop it into pieces no bigger than 1cm. Place the apple pieces into a small bowl and add the cinnamon before gently stirring to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Place the self raising flour, caster sugar, butter, vanilla extract, eggs and milk into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds, speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 10 seconds, speed 4 or until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the apple pieces over the top.
- Place the Apple Loaf into your oven and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Carefully remove your Apple and Cinnamon Loaf from the oven and allow it to cool in the loaf tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Looking for even more?
You can find more simple and delicious Thermomix recipes in our books and ebooks. Shop the range here.