The very first recipe I ever made all on my own was this Easy Chocolate Cake recipe originally from my Great Nana. My Nan was an amazing cook and had a knack of creating delicious meals out of the most basic ingredients. My sister and I used to love watching her cook and would sit crossed legged on her kitchen table watching as she would do things like creaming butter and sugar using her hand.
I still enjoy making this recipe now, and it's always a big hit with the boys. When I first got my Thermomix, it was naturally one of the very first recipes that I converted.
Learn how to make this Easy Chocolate Cake in Thermomix here:
Easy Chocolate Cake
- 90 g butter
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 175 g of caster sugar
- 175 g of self raising flour
- ½ cup of milk
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan forced) and line the base of a loaf tin.
- Place the butter into Thermomix bowl and melt for 2 minutes at 65 degrees on speed 1.
- Sift the flour and cocoa into the Thermomix bowl and add the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla essence before mixing for 20 seconds on speed 5 or until the mixture is smooth and has combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the tin for five minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ice cake with a plain chocolate icing
What was the first recipe you ever made on your own?