If you like our Thermomix Gingerbread recipe, then you are going to LOVE these Thermomix Ginger Biscuits!
There is no doubt that this recipe is similar to our Thermomix Gingerbread recipe (which you really need to try out if you haven’t already!) however these Thermomix Ginger Biscuits are a great alternative and perfect for filling up your biscuit tin, as you will get approximately 40 biscuits from the mixture. These biscuits also have a subtle ginger flavour, which makes them great for the whole family.
If you are like me and prefer a softer/chewier biscuit, then make sure you check on these biscuits after 10 minutes or so in the oven, they are ready when the edges are just beginning to turn golden, however for a crispier biscuit, let them bake for another 2 minutes or so.
If you love all things ginger, make sure you also try our Thermomix Gingerbread Loaf recipe which you can find here.
You can also find more easy Thermomix snack recipes in our ‘Snack Attack’ eBook. You can browse the entire range of print and eBooks here.
Thermomix Ginger Biscuits Recipe
- 250 grams butter
- 180 grams brown sugar
- 3/4 cup golden syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 490 grams plain flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line two baking trays with paper.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and golden syrup into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 4 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and mix for 10 seconds, speed6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the plain flour and mix 10 seconds on speed 4.
- Knead for 2 minutes before letting the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up and roll into balls. Place onto your baking trays and lightly flatten with a fork before baking for 11 minutes.
- Allow the Ginger Biscuits to cool on the trays for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely