An easy and delicious Thermomix Carrot, Apple & Zucchini Loaf. Freezer-friendly, kid-friendly and great for school lunchboxes!
With a little toddler in the house, it can be 'interesting' to find recipes that:
a) will actually be eaten;
b) will last well in lunch boxes;
c) can be frozen.
Our Thermomix Carrot, Apple & Zucchini Loaf ticks all of these boxes.. and a whole heap more!!
In the recipe, I've said that this loaf makes 12 slices - but please note that that's 12 large slices. I cut it into about 30-40 mini pieces and froze them for my little boy. Then I just grab a piece out in the morning and by the time he's ready for a snack, it's defrosted and good to go!!
I hope you love my Thermomix Carrot, Apple & Zucchini Loaf as much as we do - it really is simple and delicious!!
Thermomix Carrot, Apple & Zucchini Loaf
- 110 g carrot (approx 2 medium)
- 100 g apple (approx 1 large or 2 small)
- 200 g zucchinis (approx 2 medium)
- 265 g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 225 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 105 g coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease and line a deep loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the carrot and apple into the Thermomix bowl and grate by pressing Turbo 3-5 times or until grated. Set aside.
- Place the zucchini into the Thermomix bowl. Grate by pressing Turbo 3-5 times or until grated. Place into a strainer and squeeze out any excess liquid (see notes). Set aside.
- In a clean and dry Thermomix bowl, add the self-raising flour, bi-carb soda, salt and cinnamon and sift by pressing Turbo 8 times. Add the caster sugar and mix for 10 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 4.
- Add the eggs, the melted coconut oil, the grated zucchini, carrot and apple and mix for 15 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 4 or until completely combined (use the spatula to assist).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, smooth down the top with a spoon and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.