I don't know about you, but I just can't help myself when it comes to eating waaaay too much this time of year! In between all of the Christmas parties, BBQ's and catching up with friends, there is always so much yummy food on offer and I always seem to overindulge. These Thermomix Chicken and Zucchini Nuggets are the perfect 'lighter' party food (or easy dinner!) option and the kids won't even realise that they have veggies in them!
These Chicken and Zucchini Nuggets are really simple to make and best of all you can make them in advance and then pop them into the freezer until you need them. They are a great alternative to 'traditional' chicken nuggets and my boys just love gobbling down a few of their 'special nuggets'!
Thermomix Chicken and Zucchini Nuggets
- 500 g of chicken breast mince
- 1 zucchini
- ½ teaspoon of mild paprika (optional)
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- ½ cup of very finely grated parmesan cheese - extra
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and chop the parsley finely and place it along with the bread crumbs and ½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese into a small bowl and set aside until needed.
- Place the zucchini into your Thermomix bowl and blitz on Turbo until finely grated - you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the grated zucchini into a strainer and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Add the chicken mince, zucchini, paprika, parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper into your Thermomix bowl and mix on Reverse Speed 5 for 15 seconds or until completely combined.
- Use a metal spoon to scoop the chicken mixture and roll into balls with your hands.
- Place the chicken balls into the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture and lightly toss to cover the entire ball.
- Place the coated chicken balls onto a lined baking tray and using the palm of your hand, slightly flatten the ball before using the knuckle of your thumb to indent the side – giving you the shape of a ‘traditional’ chicken nugget. Repeat this process until all the chicken mixture has been used.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until your Chicken and Zucchini Nuggets are golden brown and cooked through when tested.
- Please note your cooking time will vary depending on the size of your Chicken and Zucchini Nuggets.