Our Thermomix Vegetable Fritters make a great snack, easy meal or lunchbox treat!
We love fritters in our house. They are such an easy recipe to put together and the ingredient combinations are practically endless (why not try these Broccoli Bacon and Cheese Fritters or these Sweet Potato Fritters) and also, they are the perfect way to use up leftover veggies.
Although these Thermomix Vegetable Fritters are packed full of vegetables, my kids still love them and don't consider them to be filled with too much goodness - which I think is helped in part by the addition of grated potatoes, which helps to give these fritters an almost hash brown like consistency.
Tips for Making these Vegetable Fritters:
- You can certainly alter the vegetables used in these fritters to help use up any leftover veggies that you may have. We enjoy these fritters with corn and sweet potato too.
- When making these fritters, just be mindful that you may not need all of the water as instructed in the recipe (or you may even need a little more) as the liquid content of the vegetables that you use will impact the consistency of the mixture.
- You can enjoy these fritters either hot or cold.
- These fritters are freezer-friendly once cooked.
Thermomix Vegetable Fritters
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 grams parmesan cheese
- 100 grams tasty cheese cut into 3cm chunks
- 400 grams potatoes, roughly chopped into 4cm pieces approx 2 large
- 100 grams zucchini, roughly chopped into 4cm pieces approx 1 large
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped into 4cm pieces
- 2 eggs
- 300 grams self raising flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp onion flakes
- 250 grams water
- 50 grams peas fresh or frozen
- extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- Place the garlic clove, parmesan and tasty cheese into your Thermomix bowl and grate for 7 seconds Speed 9. Transfer to a separate bowl until needed.
- Without washing the bowl, place the potatoes, zucchini and carrots into your Thermomix bowl and grate for 4 seconds, Speed 6. If you would like it grated into smaller pieces, grate for a further 2 seconds, Speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the reserved garlic and grated cheeses.
- In this order, add the eggs, self raising flour, pinch of salt and pepper, onion flakes and 125g of water to your Thermomix bowl. (NOTE: you may not need all of the water depending on the moisture content/size of vegetables used)
- Mix for 15 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 4 to combine the ingredients.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and if your mixture is still a little dry, add a further 75 grams of water along with the peas. Mix for a further 15 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 4 or until combined.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to scoop up the batter and place the fritter mixture into your pan. Use a spoon to gently spread the mixture into a circle between ½ – 1cm thick. You should be able to fit approximately six fritters (or even more depending on the size of your pan) into your frying pan.
- Cook the fritters for approximately 3 minutes on each side, until they are crisp and golden brown. Transfer the cooked fritters to a plate and cover them with foil so they stay warm, while you cook the next batch. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.