Now that the weather is starting to warm up (whoop, whoop!!), I’m beginning to move away from my usual hot porridge in the mornings to fresh fruit and yoghurt, CADA, or this yummy Thermomix Bircher Muesli.
I’d been making this bircher muesli for years before I bought my Thermomix (and to be honest it’s nearly just as easy to make without one). But, I do love how I can grate my apple in the Thermie, which definitely saves me a minute or two (and that’s always got to be a good thing!).
This is a classic bircher muesli recipe – but you can totally mix and match with different ingredients to suit your taste preferences. As long as you stick to the oat/liquid measurements – you’ll be fine!
I think my favourite thing about this Thermomix Bicher Muesli recipe is that I can make a big batch, split it into individual containers and I’m set to go for a few breakfasts during the week. For best results, this bircher muesli needs to sit in the fridge overnight – as the oats will soak up the liquid and everything will become completely delicious!!
Thermomix Bircher Muesli
- 1 apple , cored
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 150 g rolled oats
- 400 ml milk
- 70 ml apple juice
- 375 g yoghurt (plain or vanilla flavoured)
- 1-2 tbs honey (if using unsweetened yoghurt - otherwise omit)
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place the apple and almonds into the TM bowl and press Turbo until finely chopped.
- Add the rolled oats, milk, apple juice, yoghurt, honey (if using), sultanas and cinnamon.
- Mix on Reverse Speed 4 for 15 seconds or until well combined.
- Pour into individual containers (or one large airtight container) and place into the fridge overnight.
- Serve with chopped nuts and fresh or dried fruit.