I must admit that I have a total and utter obsession with rocky road. Think of any rocky road combination in the world and there's a fair chance I've made it. I've used Clinkers, mint patties, smarties, jaffas.... the list could go on and on. But this Thermomix Turkish Delight Rocky Road is up there as one of my favourite rocky road recipes. Ever.
I suppose that shouldn't really be a big surprise. I mean - I absolutely love Turkish Delight... and chocolate... and marshmallows!! So when you put them all together, the result is pure deliciousness.
I love making rocky road in the Thermomix because it's so easy to melt your chocolate and then mix in your goodies. You can always use the Thermomix to chop your add-ins at the very start, but I prefer my rocky road to be nice and chunky, so I leave them whole or just chop them into large chunks with a knife.
This makes a great treat for yourself or the perfect gift for a friend. I love to make a few big batches of rocky road before Christmas and give them away in little bags as gifts. Too cute... and yummy!!
Thermomix Turkish Delight Rocky Road
- 400 g dark chocolate melts
- 30 g coconut oil
- 85 g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 115 g (1 cup) unsalted peanuts
- 1 x 250g pkt marshmallows
- 3 X 55g Turkish Delight bars
- Grease and line a rectangular slice tin (approx 18X32cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Grate the chocolate on Speed 8 for 10 seconds.
- Add the coconut oil and melt on 50 degrees, Speed 3 for 4 minutes (scraping down the sides occasionally).
- Chop the Turkish Delight bars into large chunks using a knife.
- Add the coconut, peanuts, marshmallows and Turkish Delight chunks to the bowl.
- Mix on Reverse Speed 1 for 20 seconds (using the spatula to help mix the ingredients together).
- Spoon into the prepared tray and place into the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut into pieces.