Our Thermomix Banana Bread recipe could not be easier to make!
Bananas are one of those items that we ALWAYS seem to have more of than we actually need. In fact I can safely say there is always at least two or three of them sitting in our fruit bowl. While most of the time they are eaten before they start to turn brown and go soft, I do get a little excited when I see a few brown bananas in the fruit bowl as it means I can do some baking!
This recipe is adapted for the Thermomix from Donna Hay's Simple Banana Bread recipe in her book 'No Time to Cook'. It's been our go to banana bread recipe for the past few years as it really is easy to make and works every time, so it only made sense to convert it to a Thermomix Banana Bread recipe!!
Tips for Making our Thermomix Banana Bread:
- You will need approximately 160 grams of banana for this recipe.
- Frozen bananas can be used, however you may need to increase the mixing time.
- If you don't have coconut oil you can use melted butter or a light flavoured oil in it's place.
- This recipe can also be baked in mini loaf tins - it will take approximately 20 minutes to bake.
- The cooked Banana Bread is best stored in an airtight container in your pantry. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Watch how to make our Thermomix Banana Bread below:
You can find the conventional cooking instructions for
this Banana Bread here.
Thermomix Banana Bread
- 222 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams coconut oil
- 2 soft and brown medium sized bananas approximately 160 grams
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and lightly grease a large loaf tin.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and bananas (which have been cut into quarters) into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 15 seconds on speed 6 to combine. You may need to mix for longer depending on how ripe your bananas are.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon to your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until the banana bread is golden on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer