Now that we the new school year is well and truly upon us, it’s easy to start struggling with lunch box ideas. These three ingredient Rice Bubble Bars are the perfect lunchbox treat and also make a great afternoon school snack.
For a treat, you can decorate these bars with 100s and 1000s or even chocolate chips, alternatively they are delicious all on their own.
Three Ingredient Rice Bubble BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 75 g of butter
- 200 g of white marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice bubbles
- 100 s & 1000s to decorate - optional
- To begin, line the base and sides of a slice tin with baking paper - making sure you leave the paper hanging over the edges.
- Place the marshmallows and butter into the thermomix bowl and cook for 1 minute on 80 degrees, speed 1 or until melted and combined. After approximately 30 seconds, use the spatula to scrape down the sides.
- Add the rice bubbles to the bowl and mix for 1 minute 20 seconds on speed 1 Reverse until mixture has combined.
- Pour the combined mixture into a slice tin and use a metal spoon to spread across the
- tin and push down.
- If decorating, sprinkle the 100s and 1000s over the top of the slice and place in the fridge for two hours or until set.
- Remove set slice from the fridge and cut into small squares.
What was your favourite lunch box treat growing up?