Hands up if you're a fan of licorice allsorts? Yep me to! I love them... and yet funnily enough I don't actually like plain licorice! Strange I know! My family loves this Licorice Allsort Slice and it's one of those ones that you can be guaranteed will have completely disappeared within a day or two... it's just so addictive!
When you make Licorice Allsort Slice in the Thermomix, you can chop the licorice in the bowl. However, I prefer to cut them by hand because you get much nicer looking 'chunks'. But if you're in a rush (or just can't be bothered!), then feel free to chop them by pressing Turbo a couple of times. Best of all, this slice is completely no-bake so it will be ready to eat in no time! It's also a fantastic one for getting the kids into the kitchen and helping out.
This is the perfect little slice for getting you through that mid-afternoon slump... yep you know the one! It's also great for lunch boxes as it doesn't crumble.
Are you a licorice allsort fan too? What's your favourite slice to make in the Thermomix?
- Melted butter , to grease
- 125 g butter , chopped
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 x 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits (such as Marie biscuits), crushed
- 45 g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 1 x 375g pkt licorice allsorts , coarsely chopped
- 200 g dark cooking chocolate , chopped
- 30 g copha or coconut oil
- Crush biscuits on Tubro until they resemble fine crumbs (about 5-10 seconds).
- Set biscuit crumbs aside.
- Chop licorice all sorts by hand (you can do this in the TM but it looks better if you slice them evenly with a knife).
- Weigh the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup into TM bowl and melt on Reverse Speed 2 for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add the crushed biscuits, chopped licorice allsorts and coconut.
- Mix together on Reverse Speed 2 until well combined (about 20-30 seconds).
- Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan and set aside for 30 minutes to set.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and coconut oil on 50 degrees Speed 2 for 3-5 minutes (stop once melted).
- Pour the chocolate over the slice and place into the fridge for an hour before cutting into slices.