You know when blocks of chocolate at the supermarket go on special? Well I’m one of those people who always just has to buy at least one! Even if I really, really don’t need it!! Anyway, this Easy Thermomix Caramello Slice is the perfect way to use a block of Cadbury Caramello chocolate (especially when you’ve bought it for an absolute bargain!!).
As much as I love a traditional caramel slice, it can be a bit of a pain to make. This Thermomix Caramello Slice on the other hand is literally the simplest thing ever! You just mix everything together, pop it in a slice tray, pour some melted chocolate over the top… and voila! You have a delicious caramel flavoured slice. No hassle, no fuss – just simple and delicious baking.
Oh and did I mention that it will take you less than 10 minutes to make?? Umm… awesome!!
Easy Thermomix Caramello Slice
- 220 g Caramello chocolate
- 1 X 250g packet of plain biscuits – crushed
- ¼ cup butter
- 1/2 - 3/4 tin condensed milk (I find that it sometimes depends on the type of biscuits you use as to whether you need a little more or less)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 220 g block plain chocolate for topping
- Place biscuits into the TM bowl and crush by holding on Turbo for 5-10 seconds.
- Set biscuits aside.
- Melt butter and broken up caramello chocolate on 50 degrees, Speed 3, 4-5 mins (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
- Add biscuits, coconut and condensed milk to the bowl and mix on reverse Speed 3 for 1 minute (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
- Press into a standard sized rectangular slice tray and refrigerate.
- Place the block of plain chocolate into the TM bowl and grate on Speed 5 for 10 seconds.
- Melt on Speed 3, 4-5 mins (scraping down the bowl occasionally).
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Cut into slices.