You know when blocks of chocolate at the supermarket go on special? Well I'm one of those people who always just has to buy at least one! Even if I really, really don't need it!! Anyway, this Easy Thermomix Caramello Slice is the perfect way to use a block of Cadbury Caramello chocolate (especially when you've bought it for an absolute bargain!!).
As much as I love a traditional caramel slice, it can be a bit of a pain to make. This Thermomix Caramello Slice on the other hand is literally the simplest thing ever! You just mix everything together, pop it in a slice tray, pour some melted chocolate over the top... and voila! You have a delicious caramel flavoured slice. No hassle, no fuss - just simple and delicious baking.
Oh and did I mention that it will take you less than 10 minutes to make?? Umm... awesome!!
Easy Thermomix Caramello Slice
- 250 g plain biscuits (eg Arnott's Marie)
- 60 g butter
- 220 g Caramello chocolate
- 20 g coconut
- ½ - ¾ tin condensed milk (I find that it sometimes depends on the type of biscuits you use as to whether you need a little more or less)
- 220 g plain chocolate, for topping
- Grease and line a standard sized rectangular slice tray and set aside until needed.
- Place biscuits into the TM bowl and crush by holding on Turbo for 5-10 seconds.
- Set biscuits aside.
- Melt butter and broken up Caramello chocolate for 4-5 mins, 50 degrees, Speed 3 until melted, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Add reserved crushed biscuits, coconut and condensed milk to the bowl and mix for 1 minute, REVERSE, Speed 3, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Press into the prepared tray and refrigerate.
- Break the block of plain chocolate into pieces and place into the TM bowl. Grate for 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Melt on 4-5 mins, 50 degrees, Speed 3, scraping down the bowl occasionally.
- Pour and spread the melted chocolate over the prepared base.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or until completely set and hardened.
- Cut into slices.