Trust me, I love the savoury Everyday Cookbook pastry recipes as much as anyone, BUT to be honest, I actually like this Easy Olive Oil Pastry even more.
It's so quick and simple to make and tastes incredible. It makes the most beautiful, crispy and delicious pastry... that will leave you drooling! To make the pastry, all you'll need is plain flour, butter, olive oil, salt and cold water. That's it! This recipe will make enough pastry to cover the bottom and top of a 33cm savoury pie. If you only need a base, then simply halve the recipe.
I love to use this pastry when I'm making egg and bacon quiches, spinach and feta pies and roast vegetable tarts. It's incredibly versatile and always tastes amazing. If you find you have too much pastry, you can always double wrap it in cling wrap and pop it into the freezer. Sometimes when I'm making pastry, I'll double the recipe and freeze half so that it's ready to go on those nights when I'm running late cooking dinner!
Easy Olive Oil Pastry
- 400 g plain flour
- 60 g butter
- 60 ml olive oil
- 110 g cold water
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients into the TM bowl.
- Combine on Speed 3 for 10 seconds.
- Knead for 1 minute on interval speed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions (one for the base and one for the top).
- Wrap the portions in cling wrap and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Roll each dough portion out to 33cm.
- Place one round onto an oiled tart or pie tray and press down.
- Fill with your chosen ingredients.
- Place the second round over the top.
- Pinch the edges of the top pastry round to the bottom layer to seal.
- Brush with an egg wash and score lightly to allow any steam to escape.
- Bake for 20-30 minuted or until golden and cooked through.