This easy Thermomix Olive Oil Pastry requires just FIVE ingredients and can be prepared in just FIVE minutes - what more could you want?!
It's so quick and simple to make and tastes incredible. It makes the most beautiful, crispy and delicious pastry... that will leave you drooling!
You will love:
Made with simple ingredients - To make the pastry, all you'll need is plain flour, butter, olive oil, salt and cold water. That's it!
Versatile - This recipe will make enough pastry to cover the bottom and top of a 33cm savoury pie. If you only need a base, then simply halve the recipe.
Five minutes prep time - This pastry takes no time at all to put together.
Freezer friendly - the cooked and uncooked dough can be frozen for up to two months.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients plus the cooking method in the recipe card below.
- Plain Flour - Bakers Flour can also be used.
- Butter - we use unsalted butter.
- Olive Oil
How to Make Olive Oil Pastry in a Thermomix:
Step 1. Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl.
Step 2. Combine until dough begins to form.
Step 3. Turn the dough out onto a floured bench or a Thermomat and bring together using your hands to form a ball.
Step 4. Chill the dough for 30 minutes to allow it to rest.
Step 5. Roll out the dough as required and fill with favourite ingredients.
Recipe Hints and Tips
The mixture will be quite crumbly when you first transfer it onto your bench top, this is normal. Use your hands to bring it together.
This quantity of pastry will make enough to cover the bottom and top of a 33cm savoury pie. If you only need a base, then simply halve the recipe.
The pastry dough can be frozen for up to two months.
If you find you have too much pastry, you can always double wrap it in cling wrap and pop it into the freezer.
We love to use this pastry when making egg and bacon quiches, spinach and feta pies and roast vegetable tarts.
Olive Oil is considered to be a 'good' fat compared to butter and other oils.
Yes, you can freeze olive oil pastry. The dough can be frozen for up to two months and when cooked (and depending on the filling) it can be frozen for up to three months.
You may also enjoy:
- 3 Ingredient Thermomix Savoury Shortcrust Pastry
- Thermomix Sweet Shortcrust Pastry | Egg Free
- How to Make Tortillas with your Thermomix
- Thermomix Egg & Bacon Quiches
- Thermomix Vegetable Quiche
- Thermomix Savoury Bread and Scrolls Recipes
- Thermomix Sourdough Loaf
Easy Olive Oil Pastry
- 1 x 33cm pie dish
- 400 grams plain flour
- 60 grams butter
- 60 mls olive oil
- 110 grams cold water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Select the kneading function and mix for 1 minute.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions (one for the base and one for the top).
- Wrap the portions in cling wrap and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Roll each dough portion out to 33cm.
- Place one round onto an oiled tart or pie tray and press down.
- Fill with your chosen ingredients and place the second round over the top.
- Pinch the edges of the top pastry round to the bottom layer to seal. Brush with an egg wash and score lightly to allow any steam to escape.
- Bake for 20-30 minuted or until golden and cooked through.
Looking for even more?
Find more delicious and simple recipes in our books and eBooks. Shop the full range here.