It couldn't be easier to make your own homemade lemon curd in the Thermomix with just 4 ingredients... and in less than 15 minutes!
What You Need
Just 4 ingredients!!!
And you might even have them at home already....
- caster sugar
How To Make Lemon Curd In A Thermomix
Forget about the old-fashioned way of stirring lemon curd over the stove-top and hoping it doesn't burn... the Thermomix does ALL the work in 2 simple steps!
Step 1 - Finely Grate the lemon zest
Step 2 - Add all of the ingredients and cook
Straining The Lemon Curd
This is an optional step but one I like to do because I love a smooth lemon curd without any remaining zest.
Place a fine strainer over a bowl. Pour the lemon zest into the strainer and allow the lemon curd to strain through (use a spoon to help push the curd through). Discard the zest in the strainer.
Thickening - once the cooking time has finished, your curd will appear quite runny, however, it will thicken upon cooling.
Storing - lemon curd can be stored in an unopened sterilised jar in the fridge for up to 3 months. Once opened, it should be consumed within 2 weeks.
Freezing - lemon curd can be frozen in a sterilised jar for up to 1 year. Place it in the fridge for 24 hours to thaw and then consume within 2 weeks.
Our Thermomix Recipe Cookbooks
If you love our recipes, then please feel free to browse our collection of hardcopy Thermomix cookbooks! All hardcopy cookbooks also come with a free eBook so you can get cooking right away!
How to Make Lemon Curd in a Thermomix
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 2 extra egg yolks
- 165 g caster sugar
- 80 g unsalted butter , chilled
- 90 g lemon juice juice of 2-3 lemons - approx 6 tablespoons
- Peel the 2 lemons with a peeler and place the zest into the Thermomix bowl. Finely grate on Speed 10 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat until only a very fine zest remains.
- Add the eggs, extra egg yolks, caster sugar, butter and lemon juice and cook on Speed 4, 10 minutes, 80 degrees.
- Check the lemon curd and if it's still very runny, cook for a further 1-2 minutes on Speed 4, 90 degrees.
- Pour lemon curd through a strainer (to remove any remaining zest) and into a sterilised jar.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.