I have to say that these Thermomix Lemon Curd Cupcakes are one of my favourite things ever. Not only do they taste delicious - you can also make your own lemon curd in the Thermomix in no time at all!!
If you haven't made lemon curd in the Thermomix yet, you absolutely must! It's so simple and tastes great. Plus you can use it in LOTS of different recipes... including of course, our cupcakes! It really is a great way to use up any extra lemons you have lying around.
These simple vanilla cupcakes filled with lemon curd filling are perfect for birthday parties, high teas or baby showers... in fact, you really don't need any excuse at all to make a batch!
Are you a lemon fan too? What are your fave lemon recipes?
- ½ cup caster sugar (120g)
- 120 g butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk (125ml)
- 1½ cups self-raising flour (225g)
- 1 cup lemon curd (Link to the recipe in the method and notes section)
- 2 tbs icing sugar , for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Place cupcake cases into the holes of a 12-hole muffin tray and set aside until needed.
- Place caster sugar and butter into the TM bowl and and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 5.
- Add the vanilla essence, eggs, milk and self-raising flour and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases (only fill ⅔ of the way).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the centre of the cupcakes springs back when lightly touched in the centre.
- Leave cupcakes in the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut a small circle in the top of each cupcake and set the cut pieces aside.
- Fill each hole with a teaspoon of lemon curd.
- Cut each top into two pieces and place on top of the lemon curd to resemble butterfly wings.
- Dust with icing sugar.