It couldn't be easier to make Chocolate Buttercream Icing in your Thermomix!
This Chocolate Buttercream Icing recipe is a favourite of mine and I regularly make it to go on top of my vanilla cupcakes and butter cake recipe.
Tips for Making Chocolate Buttercream Icing in your Thermomix:
- The time it takes to mix your butter will be impacted by the temperature. The times in this recipe are based on butter which has just reached room temperature.
- This icing is best made just before it's needed.
- If you are making this icing in warm conditions, you may like to pop it into the fridge for 10 minutes to chill before using it - especially if you are going to pipe it.
- Once you have iced your cakes/cupcakes, place them either in an airtight container or wrap with cling wrap.
- You can use icing sugar mixture for this recipe, however you may need to add an extra ½ tablespoon of milk.
- You can double this recipe if you are planning to ice a larger cake or more than 12 cupcakes. Please not the time it takes to mix your buttercream will increase.
- If you find that your buttercream is a little dry, add an extra tablespoon of milk to the recipe.
Looking for some cake recipes to make with this icing? You can find all of our favourites in this post.
Thermomix Chocolate Buttercream Icing Recipe
- 125 grams cubed butter at room temperature
- 350 grams pure icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Place the butter and icing sugar into the bowl of your Thermomix and mix for 2 minutes on speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 1 minute on speed 3 or until the mixture is white and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the vanilla extract, cocoa and milk before mixing for 1 minute on speed 3.
You can find more easy recipes in our ThermoBliss Cakes eBook and our Sweet Recipes print book - to browse our entire range of books, ebooks and products visit our online store here.