Cream Cheese Frosting would have to be one of my favourite ways to decorate a cake (closely followed by chocolate ganache of course!) and this Thermomix Cream Cheese Frosting recipe has been my favourite for a couple of years now.
I love adding a thick layer of this Thermomix Cream Cheese Frosting on everything from Lemon Cake, Banana Cake to one of my all time favourite cakes – Carrot Cake. If you are feeling extra indulgent this Cream Cheese Frosting is also delicious when added to a rich red velvet cake or even a banana bread recipe – the possibilities are really only limited by your imagination – and cravings!
This Cream Cheese Frosting recipe makes a generous amount of frosting, enough to cover the middle and top of a 20cm round cake or two loaf cakes. When making this frosting please note the temperature of your ingredients will impact on the time it takes for your Cream Cheese Icing to combine and become smooth and creamy. If you find it’s not smooth after mixing it for the time specified as per the recipe, simply scrape down the sides and continue to mix for 20 second spurts until you achieve the desired consistency.
- 250 g of cream cheese - softened
- 180 g of butter - softened
- 220 g of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Cut the Cream Cheese and butter into 3cm cubes and place all of your ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
- Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 20 seconds on speed 5 or until the cream cheese frosting has combined and is smooth and creamy.