I can’t resist a bargain, so when our local supermarket was selling whole chickens for less than half price I just couldn’t help but buy a couple (ok four) to pop into the freezer. Although there is nothing better than the smell of a chicken roasting in the oven, the smell of one cooking in the Thermomix certainly comes pretty close. Cooking a chicken in the Varoma Tray of your Thermomix will give you one of the most tender chickens you have ever tasted – seriously!
So convinced am I that you will also decide this is the best way to cook your whole chicken, today’s post is all about how to cook a chicken in the Thermomix.
How to Cook a Chicken in the ThermomixPrint Pin Rate
- 1 whole chicken - this recipe is based on a 1.25kg whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons of butter - softened
- 1 tablespoon of dried italian herbs
- 1/2 tablespoon of mild paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 rashers of bacon
- Your choice of vegetables to serve
- Place the softened butter, italian herbs, paprika and salt and pepper into a small bowl. Use a teaspoon to mix the ingredients together until combined.
- Cut the bacon into strips
- Remove your chicken from the fridge and rinse it under the tap, make sure you rinse inside the cavity and pat dry.
- Rub the butter and herb mixture all over you chicken before covering it with the bacon.
- Fill your Thermomix bowl until it's approximately 3/4 full with water.
- Place the chicken into the Varoma tray before placing it on top of your Thermomix. Cook for 55 minutes on Varoma Temperature Speed 2.
- After 55 minutes, carefully remove the Varoma lid and add the vegetables of your choice. Cook for a further 15 minutes on Varoma Temperature Speed 2 until the vegetables and chicken are cooked when tested.
As a general guide, cook your chicken for 30 minutes per 500grams.
Your cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken, when choosing a chicken, make sure it will fit into your Varoma Tray!
Have you cooked a chicken in your Thermomix before?
What are your tips?