A while ago, Thermomix Australia asked me to create a cake to promote their #ThermomixBakeOff competition. And so of course, I said yes. I mean, who wouldn't say yes to making a cake!!! Anyway, I ended up making a Thermomix Ricotta & Raspberry Cake - and you might have seen it in the Thermomix Australia newsletter or being featured on the Recipe Community.
Anyway, I love this cake. It's deliciously simple, tastes amazing and the raspberries give it the perfect balance. In other words, it's a really, really yummy cake.
This will take you no time at all to whip up (and yet it looks super impressive!). You can serve it at room temperature all by itself, or warm it up with a scoop of ice-cream or a dollop of cream.
What's your favourite cake to make in the Thermomix?
Thermomix Ricotta & Raspberry Cake
- 225 g plain flour
- 240 g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 400 g ricotta cheese room temperature
- 115 g butter melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup icing sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (170 if using fan forced).
- Grease a non-stick springform round cake pan (approx 20-22cm diameter) and set aside (you can use a non-springform pan, but I find they work best).
- Place the plain flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into the TM bowl.
- Press Turbo 5-10 times to sift.
- Remove and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Place the butter into the TM bowl and melt on Speed 3, 80 degrees, for 2 minutes (or until completely melted).
- Add the ricotta, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix on Speed 4 for 20 seconds (scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through).
- Reduce to Speed 1 and slowly add the dry mixture through the MC hole.
- Mix until just combined.
- Add 1 cup of the raspberries are very gently fold through with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and place the remaining raspberries on top.
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- If you find the cake is browning too much, gently place a sheet of foil over the top and return to the oven.
- Leave the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Remove from pan before serving and dust with icing sugar.
- Store the cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days (bring it to room temperature before serving).