These Thermomix Savoury Muffins take less than 10 minutes to prepare and taste great. Best of all, you can make a big double batch and freeze them individually. This means that lunch is ready even on those days you're in a total flap and running around like crazy... yep we all know those days!
You can mix and match the recipe to include any other vegetables you have lying around. I find that corn and chopped capsicum are yummy little additions too! And if you don't have any buttermilk, then simply make your own by adding 1tbs of lemon juice or vinegar into a cup of room temperature milk and stirring to combine. The buttermilk is what keeps these muffins perfectly soft and fluffy.
You will love:
Easy to adapt - have some leftover capsicum lying around? Simply add it to this recipe.
Freezer friendly - store these easy Savoury Muffins in the freezer for up to three months.
Enjoy hot or cold - these muffins are delicious when slightly warmed and served with a smear of butter.
Double the recipe - cooking for a crowd? This recipe can be doubled, however please ensure you do not exceed the maximum capacity of your machine.
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients plus the method in the recipe card below.
Self-raising flour - substitute with plain flour and 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder if necessary.
Cheese - we use tasty/cheddar cheese.
Zucchini - you will need approximately two zucchinis for this recipe.
Ham - use either shaved or diced ham.
Buttermilk - you can make your own by adding lemon juice or use regular milk if necessary.
Eggs - we use 70gram eggs in our recipes
Vegetable Oil - substitute with Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Avocado Oil.
Salt and Pepper.
How to Make Savoury Muffins in a Thermomix
Step 1. Grate the cheese and set aside.
Step 2. Grate the zucchini and use your Thermomix basket or a sieve to remove the excess liquid.
Step 3. Place all of the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix to combine.
Step 4. Divide the muffin mixture between paper muffin cases and bake until golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Recipe Hints and Tips
Shaved, sliced or diced ham can be used, or substitute with bacon if you prefer. For a vegetarian version, omit the ham.
You will need two medium sized zucchinis for this recipe.
It is important to remove the excess liquid from the grated zucchini as too much liquid will impact the texture of the muffins.
We use tasty/cheddar cheese for this recipe.
Store Savoury Muffins in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 2 - 3 days. These muffins can be frozen for up to three months.
Frequently Asked Questions
I prefer to store savoury muffins in the fridge and then bring to room temperature before consuming.
These Savoury Muffins are best enjoyed within 2 - 3 days. They are freezer friendly and can be stored for up to three months.
You may also enjoy
- Thermomix Zucchini Slice
- Thermomix Sun-dried Tomato, Pesto and Cheese Pull Apart
- Thermomix Focaccia
- Thermomix Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
Looking for even more?
You can find more delicious and simple Thermomix recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.
Thermomix Savoury Muffins
- 1 x Muffin Tray
- 265 grams self raising flour
- 100 grams cheese
- 280 grams zucchinis see notes
- 125 grams ham
- 180 grams buttermilk
- 2 eggs 70 gram eggs
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Grease and line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced).
- Cut the cheese into pieces no bigger than 3cm. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 6 to grate. Set aside until neeced.
- Cut the zucchini into pieces no bigger than 3cm. Mix for 5 seconds, speed 6 to grate. Place into a sieve or strainer and drain all of the excess liquid out. Return zucchini to the Thermomix bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients (including the cheese) and mix for 20 seconds, Speed 3, Reverse.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds on Speed 3, Reverse.
- Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 - 18 minutes or until cooked through (test with a skewer).
- Leave the muffins in the pan to cool slightly, before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.