Our simple Thermomix Clinkers Rocky Road is made from just 4 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare - the perfect chocolate treat!
Great for homemade Christmas food gifts, school lunchboxes, afternoon tea or a cheeky late night dessert.
It's no secret that chocolate and dessert recipes are two of our very favourite things here at ThermoBliss! And this Thermomix Clinkers Rocky Road is the perfect sweet treat.
Just like our Easter egg rocky road and Turkish Delight rocky road recipes, this is quick, easy and delicious!
Why You're Going To Love This Recipe
There's SO much to love about our Thermomix Clinkers Rocky Road:
- Quick & Easy - just 10 minutes prep time and 2 hours chilling time is all it takes!
- Versatile - switch the Clinkers with any of your favourite chocolates! Substitute the raspberry lollies with gummy lollies or Turkish Delight.
- Great For Christmas Gifts & Hampers - make batches of rocky road for Christmas gifts for family and friends, or add it to a food hamper for an extra special treat.
- 4 Ingredients - made using just milk chocolate, marshmallows, raspberry lollies and Clinkers!
What You Need
- milk chocolate (or dark chocolate) - use a good quality chocolate like Cadbury, Nestle or Lindt
- Clinkers - made by Cadbury. Cut these in half before adding to the mixture
- raspberry lollies - such as Allens branded lollies
- marshmallows - I use regular sized Pascall's brand of marshmallows
Step By Step Thermomix Instructions
Lets get rocky road baking...
Step 1 - Chop The Clinkers
Place the Clinkers onto a flat board or surface and chop in half using a knife.
Set aside in a large bowl.
Note: I prefer to chop my Clinkers in half with a knife, but if you prefer you can chop them in the Thermomix by pressing Turbo 1-2 times.
Step 2 - Add The Marshmallows & Raspberry Lollies
Add the marshmallows and raspberry lollies to the bowl with the Clinkers and set aside.
Step 3 - Melt The Chocolate
Place the chocolate and coconut oil into the Thermomix bowl.
Melt for 4 minutes, 80 degrees, Speed 2 (or until melted).
Pour the chocolate over the marshmallows, raspberry lollies and Clinkers and stir quickly to combine.
Step 4 - Chill
Pour into a prepared (greased and lined) 18cm X 28cm baking tin.
Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- I prefer to chop my Clinkers in half with a knife, but if you prefer you can chop them in the Thermomix by pressing Turbo 1-2 times.
- Use a good quality chocolate (such as Cadbury, Lindt or Nestle) for the best tasting rocky road.
- Adding coconut oil to your melted chocolate makes it easier to slice the rocky road once it's set.
- This recipe is perfect for Christmas homemade gifts or hampers. Simply place it into a cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.
- Store our rocky road in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Clinkers are chocolate covered hard candies made by Cadbury. They are a popular chocolate in Australia.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can substitute the Clinkers with any of your favourite chocolates (such as chopped up Twix bars, Crunchie bars etc).
More Chocolate Recipes
If you love chocolate as much as we do, check out more of our favourite recipes here...
Shop Our Thermomix Cookbooks
Shop our entire range of Thermomix cookbooks (all hardcopy cookbooks also come with a FREE eBook version emailed to you immediately upon purchase). PLUS get free shipping on all orders over $50!
Thermomix Clinkers Rocky Road
- 500 g milk chocolate
- 30 g coconut oil (optional)
- 300 g Clinkers halved
- 100 g marshmallows
- 200 g raspberry lollies
- Line the base and sides of an 18 x 28cm rectangular slice tray with baking paper.
- Chop the Clinkers in half and set aside in a large bowl.
- Add the marshmallows and raspberry lollies to the bowl.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into the Thermomix bowl and melt for 4 minutes, 80 degrees, Speed 2 (or until melted).
- Pour the chocolate over the Clinkers, marshmallows and raspberry lollies and mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and place in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into slices (if you are having trouble cutting the slice, run your knife under hot water and then dry completely before cutting - the heat will help to cut the slice evenly).
Hi there. Have you ever added peanuts to this? I would like to but I very rarely use my thermie so would love a tip for when I would add them and if it would work ok. Thanks!
Yum! Made this today for Christmas gifts using Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate and it tastes great!
I've been making rocky road for many years but this was my first time melting chocolate in the thermomix.
Thanks for the recipe.
Fantastic!! So glad you enjoyed it!
You have got to be kidding. This is a copy of the Clinker Rocky Road recipe published on Thermofun in December 2013.
Thanks for your feedback. There are many, many recipes for rocky road with clinkers on the internet. We certainly didn't use the ThermoFun recipe when making our version - as much as we love their website. I'm sure you will notice that our instructions are different, as are the type of marshmallows we use. Given that rocky road is such a basic recipe, virtually all recipes will have the same ingredients/method.