With Christmas just around the corner, you really need to try our Thermomix Sugar Cookies recipe!
This easy Sugar Cookies recipe is a great project to get the kids involved in, as they will love helping you roll out and cut the dough - and then decorate the biscuits of course! This recipe is based on a classic Sugar Cookie recipe which I've converted over to the Thermomix. They take just a few minutes to make and then you just need to let the dough chill before rolling and cutting into shapes.
My Tips for making this Thermomix Sugar Cookies Recipe:
- The time it takes to cream your butter with the sugar mixture can vary, especially if your butter hasn't quite been bought to room temperature.
- The mixture will be very soft once it has been combined, and you will need a spatula to help remove it from your Thermomix bowl. This is completely normal.
- It's very important to chill your dough for 45 minutes - 1 hour, as if you don't it will be too soft to roll and cut into shapes.
- I like to use a metal egg flip to transfer my sugar cookies from the bench to my baking tray.
- You can freeze both the uncooked dough and the biscuits for up to one month.
For more Christmas recipe ideas, check out this post or you can also find more easy Christmas recipes in our 'ThermoBliss Christmas' Book.
You can view the entire range of books and ebooks here.
Thermomix Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 150 grams butter at room temperature
- 165 grams caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 15 grams milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams plain flour
- Place the butter into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds, speed 2.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the caster sugar, baking powder and salt and mix for 20 seconds, speed 3. Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 20 seconds, speed 3 or until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the plain flour and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
- Mix for a further 2 minutes using the dough/interval function.
- Turn the dough out onto your bench and divide into two. Cover and place in the fridge for 45 minutes - 1 hour to chill.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 170 degrees (fan forced) and line two trays with baking paper.
- Roll the dough on your bench until it's approximately 4 mm thick and use the cutter of your choice to make shapes.
- Place the cut out sugar cookies onto your prepared trays and continue until all of the dough has been used.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the sugar cookies are beginning to turn golden on the edge.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire tray to cool completely.
- Once cool, decorate as desired.