An easy Thermomix Gingerbread recipe that makes perfect gingerbread every single time! Perfect for Christmas, homemade gifts and treats for the kids!
Every year I love to make a few batches of gingerbread in the lead up to Christmas. One or two batches for gifts for neighbours, family and friends etc. And then one fun batch to decorate and eat!
This year my little 2 year old had the BEST time decorating our Thermomix gingerbread Christmas trees and gingerbread men. I think it’s safe to say that his decorations to gingerbread biscuit ratio was definitely leaning more towards the decorations side of things!!
You can decorate our Thermomix gingerbread as simply as mine here (with M&Ms and a white icing pen) or you can go as crazy as you like (like Mr 2!).
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 375 plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 1 tsp bi-carbonate soda
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g golden syrup
- pinch of salt
- white icing pen (or melted white chocolate) and red & green M&Ms (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except for the decorations) into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 6, 15 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then knead on Interval function for 1 minute.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead into a ball. Wrap in cling wrap and place into the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll out until about 3-4mm thick. Use your choice of cutters (gingerbread man, Christmas tree, stars etc) to cut out shapes.
- Place onto the prepared trays (about 4cm apart) and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just lightly golden (do not overcook).
- Allow to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once they've completely cooled, decorate with red & green M&Ms and a white icing pen (or white chocolate).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.