These Thermomix Banana Pikelets make a great breakfast, lunchbox treat or dessert for the whole family. They take just minutes to prepare and the hardest part is waiting for them to cook!
Although you can't go past our Thermomix Pikelet recipe, these Banana Pikelets make a great sweet alternative.
You will love:
Budget friendly - these pikelets are made with pantry staples.
Versatile - perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, dessert or the kids lunchbox.
Low waste - have some brown bananas you need to use? This recipe is perfect!
Freezer friendly - place into a freezer safe container or bag and store for up to three months
Please note you will find a full list of ingredients and the cooking method in the recipe card below.
- Self-raising flour
- Milk - You can use full cream or skim milk.
- Caster Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Bananas - the browner the better!
How to make Banana Pikelets in a Thermomix
Step 1. Place all of the ingredients into Thermomix bowl.
Step 2. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
Step 3. Using a ¼ cup, scoop up the mixture and place into a preheated frying pan. Cook for 1 -2 minutes or until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelet. Flip and cook for a further minute.
Step 4. Continue until all of the mixture has been used.
Recipe Hints and Tips
You will need approximately 2 bananas for this recipe.
The browner the bananas are, the better!
Either full cream or skim milk can be used. If using a non-dairy milk, you may find the consistency is too dry. Simply add extra tablespoons of milk to your batter until it is a pouring consistency.
To keep your Thermomix Banana Pikelets warm while you are putting them together, simply pop the cooked Banana Pikelets into a Thermoserver.
To serve, add some sliced banana and a little drizzle of honey, raspberry jam or even a little smear of butter. These pikelets can also be enjoyed plain.
Store leftover pikelets in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within three days.
Freeze these Thermomix Banana Pikelets for up to three months.
Pikelets can be frozen for up to three months.
Firstly check to make sure you have used self-raising flour and not plain flour as this will impact the rise (fluffiness) of your pikelets.
You may also enjoy:
- Thermomix Pikelet Recipe
- Thermomix Banana Apple Pikelets
- Thermomix Strawberry and Banana Loaf
- Thermomix Choc Banana Muffins
- Thermomix Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Thermomix Banana Smoothie
- The BEST Thermomix Smoothie Recipes
Thermomix Banana Pikelets
- Frying Pan
- 230 grams self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 60 grams caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs 70 gram eggs
- 250 g bananas see notes
- 300 grams milk
- 50 grams Butter to grease frying pan
- Cut your bananas into thirds.
- Place the self raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar, vanilla essence, milk, eggs and bananas into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the banana pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a Thermoserver or plate covered with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the mixture.
Looking for more?
You can find more simple and delicious recipes in our books and eBooks, shop the range here.