This Thermomix BBQ Chicken Pasta is a hit with everyone in our house!
This recipe combines three of my boys favourite things: chicken, pasta and BBQ sauce, so it’s easy to see why it’s a winner! Personally this recipe reminds me of a BBQ Chicken Pizza with pasta thrown in (yum!) and thanks to the Thermomix, it’s a quick and delicious weeknight dinner.
To give the chicken a little extra flavour, I like to cook it in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil, however you can also bake it if your prefer or even use leftover chicken. This recipe makes enough to feed two adults and two kids with leftovers for the next door – or freezer!
Thermomix BBQ Chicken PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 250 g of spiral pasta
- 250 g of chicken breast
- 3 rashers of short cut bacon - roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red onion
- 20 g olive oil
- 100 g of corn kernels
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 150 g of pineapple pieces
- 60 g of parmesan cheese
- 170 g of BBQ Sauce
- 400 g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 300 g of water
- Place the cheese (which has been cut into 3cm pieces) into your thermomix bowl and blitz for 6 seconds on speed 4. Set aside until needed.
- Without cleaning the bowl, add the onion (which has been cut in half), capsicum, garlic clove and bacon and chop for 4 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the olive oil and cook for 4 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 2.
- Meanwhile, chop the chicken breast into large chunks and cook in a non stick frying pan until golden and cooked through. Set aside until needed.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, bbq sauce, water and pasta and cook for 7 minutes, varoma, speed 1.5 on reverse - the pasta should be al dente.
- Add the corn kernels, pineapple pieces and chicken pieces and cook for a further 2 minutes, varoma, speed 1.5 on reverse.
- Transfer to a thermoserver and stir through the parmesan cheese and let it sit for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese if you wish.
What’s your favourite easy dinner to make in the Thermomix?