Our Thermomix Chicken & Leek Pies are the perfect family dinner! Serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables for an easy midweek meal.
When the weather cools down, it’s all about the pies in our house! And these Thermomix Chicken & Leek Pies are always a massive hit.
The creamy filling is packed with leek, bacon and chunks of chicken, while the crispy pastry tops it off perfectly. You can absolutely make your own pastry in the Thermomix instead, but I like to use puff pastry when I’m making these Thermomix Chicken, Bacon & Leek Pies during the week (think… a quick and easy dinner!!)
So if you’re after a family-friendly (and even toddler-approved!) dinner, then these Thermomix Chicken & Leek Pies are definitely for you!
For more great Thermomix dinners, check out our ‘Thermomix Dinners eBook Bundle… 2 for $15!
Thermomix Chicken & Leek Pies
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 150 g streaky bacon, roughly chopped
- 30 g butter
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 120 g cooking cream (see notes)
- 30 g water
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 2 sheets defrosted puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Place the leeks, garlic and bacon into the Thermomix bowl. Chop on Speed 5, 3 seconds.
- Add the butter and saute for 5 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed Soft.
- Add the chopped chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes, Varoma, Reverse, Speed Soft.
- Add the cooking cream, water and chicken stock and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse, Speed Soft.
- Divide the mixture equally between 5 ramekins (or 1 large casserole dish).
- Cut the puff pastry into long strips and place in a criss cross patterns over the top of the pies (leaving small gaps to allow the steam to escape).
- Brush with the egg and bake in a 200 degree celsius (fan-forced) preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden.