Is there anything better than the smell of a freshly baked cake, especially one made from cinnamon? This simple Thermomix Cinnamon Cake will fill your kitchen with the lovely aroma cinnamon while it bakes, just teasing you for what is to come when you finally try a piece!
I think this cake is best served as it is straight from the oven, however you could fancy it up a little and brush a little melted butter over the cake while it’s still warm and sprinkle with some more cinnamon and sugar.
- 180 g of butter – at room temperature
- 155 g (3/4 cup) of caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300 g (2 cups) of self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 185 ml (3/4 cup) of milk
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line the base and sides of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter and caster sugar into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Add the self raising flour, eggs, cinnamon and milk and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix for a further 30 seconds on speed 5.
- Spoon the cinnamon cake mixture into your prepared cake tin and gently smooth the surface. Place the cake into the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the cinnamon cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
As I used a bundt tin, my cake took only 25 minutes to bake. If you are using a different sized tin, your cooking time may vary. I’d suggest checking your cake at 25mins to see how it’s going.
This Thermomix Cinnamon Cake also makes the perfect afternoon tea treat and as it takes no time at all to prepare, it’s a great last minute cake to put together.
What’s your favourite simple cake recipe to make?