Making the perfect meringue in the Thermomix is SO easy! But there are a few little tricks to getting it just right…
First of all you need to make sure that your bowl is completely clean and dry before adding in the eggs. This is a must! Secondly, adding a pinch of cream of tartar will stabilise your egg whites – which means perfect meringues are coming your way. And finally, it’s really important to add your sugar bit by bit – this will allow the egg whites to slowly combine them into the meringue.
You can use this meringue recipe for all sorts of yummy desserts – lemon meringue pie, lemon meringue cupcakes, chocolate meringue pie… or of course for simply baking delicious plain meringues in the oven!
How to Make Meringue in a Thermomix
- 200 g sugar
- 6 egg whites , at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Place the sugar into a clean and dry Thermomix bowl.
- Mill on Speed 10 for 15 seconds.
- Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Wash and dry the Thermomix bowl so that it is completely clean and there is no moisture whatsoever remaining.
- Add the room temperature egg whites and the cream of tartar to the Thermomix bowl.
- Insert the butterfly.
- Whip for 3-4 minutes on Speed 3.5, 50 degrees or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Reduce to Speed 2.5 and add the sugar, one tablespoon at a time (this will take a further 3-4 minutes approximately).