For ever chocoholic out there, there’s nothing more decadent than a bowl of chocolate mousse for dessert! Making chocolate mousse in the Thermomix is oh-so-easy. This recipe is based on the Everyday Cookbook and is just totally delicious.
When I serve my chocolate mousse, I like to pop it into little glasses and then have a selection of yummy things that everyone can top their’s with. Chopped strawberries, raspberries, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, crushed Peppermint Crisp bars or crush chocolate honeycomb are all delicious options… and I certainly wouldn’t say no to any of them.
This Thermomix chocolate mousse is a great option if you’re having guests over and want to prepare dessert early. Simply whip it up, pop it in the fridge to set and it will be good to go once dessert time rolls around.
Thermomix Chocolate Mousse
- 200 g dark chocolate , chopped
- 200 g full fat cream
- 4 eggs , separated
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- pinch salt
- Optional toppings: chopped strawberries or raspberries , chocolate shavings, whipped cream, crushed peppermint crisp bar, crushed chocolate honeycomb
- Place chocolate into the TM bowl and grate for 10 seconds on Speed 6.
- Add 50g of the cream and melt together for 4 minutes, 50 degrees, Speed 2.
- Add the egg yolks and mix for 15 seconds, Speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Clean and dry the TM bowl.
- Place the butterfly into the TM bowl and whip the remaining 150g full fat cream on Speed 4 until it has thickened (this will take about 10-30 seconds).
- Place the whipped cream into a separate bowl.
- Clean and dry the TM bowl - make sure it's very dry or otherwise your egg whites won't whip in the next step!
- Place the butterfly into the TM bowl and add the egg whites, caster sugar and a pinch of salt (the salt will stabilise the egg whites).
- Whip for 3 and 1/2 minutes on Speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Add the chocolate mixture and the whipped cream to the TM bowl.
- Combine everything together for 20 seconds on Reverse Speed 3.
- If the mixture isn't completely combined, finish mixing it with the spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve with optional toppings.