Although we seem to go thorough bananas at a frightening speed, there are inevitably always a couple sitting in the fruit bowl which are brown. When I saw three lovely, soft brown bananas sitting in the bowl last week, I took it as a sign I needed to make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. This recipe is a favourite in our house, the addition of yummy chocolate chips turn this delicious banana bread into something really special.
If you have more willpower than us, you can cut a few slices and pop them in the freezer so you can have some on demand - what more could you want?!
- 50 g butter
- 3 bananas
- 60 g brown sugar (⅓ cup)
- 2 eggs
- 180 g milk (¾ cup)
- 300 g self-raising flour (2 cups)
- 190 g chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Grease and line a large loaf tin, and set aside until needed.
- Place the butter and bananas into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 100 degrees, Speed 3.
- Scrape down the sides and add the brown sugar, eggs and milk and mix for 20 seconds, Speed 6.
- Add the self raising flour and mix for 10 seconds, Speed 5.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix for a further 10 seconds, REVERSE, Speed 5.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow the Banana Bread to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
Do you go through a lot of bananas in your house too?
What's your favourite recipe to use up those brown bananas?