Our easy Thermomix Chocolate Custard recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make! It makes a great dessert or special snack and the recipe can also be doubled if you need to feed a crowd.
Why you will love this recipe:
- Easy to make - you will most likely have all the ingredients you need to make this recipe in your fridge and pantry.
- Quick - you can be enjoying this Chocolate Custard in less than 10 minutes!
- Versatile - this recipe can be doubled.
Thermomix Chocolate Custard Ingredients
To make our Chocolate Custard recipe, you will need:
- Milk - you can use either full cream or skim milk for this recipe.
- Cocoa - for a richer custard, you can also use cacoa instead of cocoa.
How to Make Chocolate Custard in a Thermomix:
There really is nothing to this recipe, simply combine all of your ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes.
Our Tips for Making Thermomix Chocolate Custard:
- This recipe makes enough Chocolate Custard for two good size serves, however you can easily double this recipe to make more, just ensure you don't overfill your Thermal cooker bowl.
- You can also make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge. To help stop a 'skin' from forming, simply place a piece of cling wrap directly on the surface of the custard.
- We like to enjoy this Chocolate Custard as is, although it's also really yummy when you add some sliced banana or strawberries, kind of like a 'healthier' chocolate dip. If you are after something a little sweeter, make sure you try our Thermomix Caramel Custard - you will LOVE it!
How do you thicken custard?
We use cornflour to thicken out custard recipes, for a thicker version of this Chocolate Custard, simply add an extra teaspoon of Cornflour to your Thermomix and mix for 10 seconds speed 8.
Will custard set in the fridge?
Yes, this custard will firm and 'set' when chilled.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Thermomix Chocolate Custard Recipe
Our easy Thermomix Chocolate Custard recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make! It makes a great dessert or special snack and the recipe can also be doubled if you need to feed a crowd.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 2 serves
- 500 grams milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 grams cornflour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams caster sugar
- Place all of the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 3.
- Transfer the Chocolate Custard to your serving bowls and enjoy.
- This recipe can be doubled. Please make sure you don't overload your Thermomix bowl (go past the maximum capacity line).
- If you prefer your chocolate custard to be a little sweeter, you can add another 20g of caster sugar.
- You can also store this cooked custard in the fridge for up to two days.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 220mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 506mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Calcium: 319mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this Recipe? Share it Today!Mention @Thermobliss or tag #Thermobliss!
Such an easy but tasty recipe. It has the minimal ingredients so it was easy to do at the last minute. I accidentally added a little more corn flour but it was still delicious. I did however cook it for a minute longer. I will definitely make this again.
Wow I am 13 and I tried this with my siblings. Wow it was so fun to make and really good. I would definitely do it again
Fantastic! That's so great to hear!
I don’t know what went wrong. I needed a hard quantity so I doubled everything including the cooking time and it wouldn’t thicken up. I also added another 4 teaspoons of cornflour
Hi Monique, I wouldnt recommend doubling the recipe - instead I'd do two batches.
I enjoy the chocolate, however, after a request for pink custard I swapped the cocoa for strawberry Nesquick. It came out perfectly. I will take out much of the sugar next time cos with the nesquick it's really sweet but my fussy one loves it
Thank you for posting this Kira! I'm going to give it a go! 🙂
Hi this recipe wow sooooo easy!