Our easy Thermomix Chocolate Custard recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make! It makes a great dessert or special snack and the recipe can also be doubled if you need to feed a crowd.
Why you will love this recipe:
- Easy to make - you will most likely have all the ingredients you need to make this recipe in your fridge and pantry.
- Quick - you can be enjoying this Chocolate Custard in less than 10 minutes!
- Versatile - this recipe can be doubled.
Thermomix Chocolate Custard Ingredients
To make our Chocolate Custard recipe, you will need:
- Milk - you can use either full cream or skim milk for this recipe.
- Cocoa - for a richer custard, you can also use cacoa instead of cocoa.
How to Make Chocolate Custard in a Thermomix:
There really is nothing to this recipe, simply combine all of your ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes.
Our Tips for Making Thermomix Chocolate Custard:
- This recipe makes enough Chocolate Custard for two good size serves, however you can easily double this recipe to make more, just ensure you don't overfill your Thermal cooker bowl.
- You can also make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge. To help stop a 'skin' from forming, simply place a piece of cling wrap directly on the surface of the custard.
- We like to enjoy this Chocolate Custard as is, although it's also really yummy when you add some sliced banana or strawberries, kind of like a 'healthier' chocolate dip. If you are after something a little sweeter, make sure you try our Thermomix Caramel Custard - you will LOVE it!
We use cornflour to thicken out custard recipes, for a thicker version of this Chocolate Custard, simply add an extra teaspoon of Cornflour to your Thermomix and mix for 10 seconds speed 8.
Yes, this custard will firm and 'set' when chilled.
You might also enjoy these recipes:
Thermomix Chocolate Custard Recipe
- 500 grams milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 grams cornflour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams caster sugar
- Place all of the ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 3.
- Transfer the Chocolate Custard to your serving bowls and enjoy.
- This recipe can be doubled. Please make sure you don't overload your Thermomix bowl (go past the maximum capacity line).
- If you prefer your chocolate custard to be a little sweeter, you can add another 20g of caster sugar.
- You can also store this cooked custard in the fridge for up to two days.