After indulging in waaay too much chocolate over Easter, this easy Thermomix Lemon Cake is the perfect recipe to satisfy your sweet cravings without eating more chocolate.
Don’t forget to view our delicious Thermomix Butter Cake here!
This cake is deliciously light and moist and has just the right amount of lemon in it, so that even the kids will love eating it too. I like to top mine with a simple lemon icing but it’s also delicious all on it’s own, dusted with a little icing sugar or with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting if you are looking to make it extra indulgent. This easy Thermomix Lemon Cake is also perfect for the freezer, I like to cut it into slices and pop a couple into zip lock bags for when unexpected guests (or those times when I just feel like a piece of cake!) drop by.
If you love fruits in your cakes, do not miss out our Thermomix Banana Cake recipe here! It is absolutely delicious!
Easy Thermomix Lemon CakePrint Pin Rate
- 125 g of butter – softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 220 g of caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 225 g of plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of finely grated lemon rind.
- Line a large loaf tin with baking paper and preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
- Place the softened butter into your Thermomix bowl and mix 30 seconds on speed 5 until it is pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5
- Add the remainder of your ingredients and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 or until your mixture is smooth and well combined. Mix for a further 5 - 10 seconds on speed 4 if necessary.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared cake tin and place in the oven to bake for 50 minutes or until the cake is cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Carefully remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, prepare the lemon icing by sifting 1 1/4 cups of icing sugar into a bowl and adding 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix the ingredient together until they are smooth.
- Use a spatula or a butter knife to then spread the icing over the cake.
Are you over chocolate too?