This Thermomix Chocolate Crackles recipe will take you straight back to your childhood!!
I grew up enjoying Chocolate Crackles at the birthday parties of my childhood and since having our boys, I've also made them a few times for their birthday parties with great success.
This Thermomix Chocolate Crackles recipe is largely based on the Chocolate Crackles we all grew up with, however I have subbed the copha for coconut oil due to both personal preferance and also because coconut oil was all that we had in the cupboard!!
This recipe will give you approximately 12 Chocolate Crackles or 24 mini Chocolate Crackles if you use a mini muffin tin.
You can find more great party food recipes in this post.
Thermomix Chocolate Crackles Recipe
- 130 grams coconut oil
- 30 grams cocoa
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 70 grams rice bubbles 2 cups
- 40 grams desiccated coconut
- Place 12 paper cupcake cases into a 12 hole muffin tin and set aside until needed.
- Place the coconut oil, icing sugar and cocoa into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 3 minutes, 70 degrees, speed 2 or until melted and combined.
- Add the coconut and rice bubbles and mix for 5 seconds, speed 4 on reverse to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4 on reverse or until the mixture is well combined.
- Divide the chocolate crackle mixture between your prepared cupcake cases and gently smooth the surface. Decorate with 100s and 1000s if you wish before placing into the fridge for 30 minutes or until set.
Easy recipe but they didn’t clump together! I’ve had them in the fridge all week trying to get them to stick and will just have to start again!
I’m disappointed as they are for my daughter’s birthday party tomorrow.
Lauren Matheson says
Hi Tamara, I'm sorry to hear the recipe didn't work out for you. Is it possible different quantities of ingredients were used? This can impact how well the crackles stick together.
I hope you daughter has a lovely birthday party.
Was looking promising, but 5 secs on speed 4 chopped up the rice bubbles! Didn't want to do it again for another 5 secs speed 4. Will add more rice bubbles and see how it goes
Hi K, did you use reverse? xx
Hi Lucy, yes I did. I only did it the once because it chopped them so finely. I added a lot more, no measurements, and then hand mixed them until all coated and put them in the cases. I still only got 12 (they were big chocolate crackles though really) plus a couple of piles on another baking tray which set fine too. Got the a thumbs up from the kids despite the mishap!
*a lot more rice bubbles*
I like the crackles there really nice and delicious ?❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Lucy Mathieson says
Pat @ Wholesome Kitchen says
Fabulous! So easy, I'm gonna make it this weekend!!
Pat @ Wholesome Kitchen says
Fabulous! So easy, I'm gonna make it this weekend!