Want to know how to whip cream in a Thermomix? Our simple tips and recipe have got you covered and will have you on your way to beautifully whipped cream in no time!
When I bought my first Thermomix (which was the TM31), I was sooooo confused when it came to whipping cream. In the Everyday Cookbook, the recipe for whipping cream said that it should take 5-10 seconds. Well I have never, ever whipped cream in my Thermomix in 5-10 seconds! Not even close! It would always take me over a minute (at least!).
I have noticed however, that the new Everyday Cookbook that comes with the TM5 has an updated recipe for whipping cream and the whole 5-10 seconds thing has disappeared. But that being said, we know that there’s still a lot of confusion about how to whip cream in the Thermomix, including the time it takes!
And so, we’ve put together some simple tips that we hope will help to answer your questions:
HOW TO WHIP CREAM IN A THERMOMIX
- choose a cream that is suitable for whipping (most will say ‘whipping cream’, ‘heavy cream’ or have a little symbol on the container that says that it’s for whipping)
- the type of cream you choose will determine how quickly it whips (cream with a higher fat content will whip quicker and will be more stable)
- do not try and whip light cream
- insert your butterfly before whipping for the perfect whipped cream
- don’t over whip the cream (and it’s SO easy to do so in the Thermomix!!) – watch it like a hawk!!
- whip your cream straight from the refrigerator – the colder it is, the quicker and easier it will be to whip
- you can pop your Thermomix bowl into the refrigerator or freezer for 15 minutes before whipping to speed up the process (this is especially helpful on a hot day!)
- keep the speed on the specified Speed 3 – it’s so tempting to turn it up… but don’t!! Over-whipped cream with curdle and seperate
- don’t try and whip more than 600g of cream in the Thermomix. If you need to whip more than that amount, do it in seperate lots.
How To Whip Cream In A Thermomix
- 200-600 g cream suitable for whipping (see post for notes)
- Place the butterfly into the Thermomix.
- Pour in the cream and mix on Speed 3 until whipped to your liking (keep an eye on it and stop mixing as soon as the cream is whipped).