Strawberry season is well and truly here in Queensland and we’ve been making the most of it by stocking up on yummy strawberries while they are cheap. These Thermomix Strawberry Cupcakes are a great way of using up the loads of strawberries we have been buying lately and make a great morning tea treat for both myself and the kids.
To make these Thermomix Strawberry Cupcakes, I have simply used my go to Vanilla Cupcake recipe and added sliced strawberries to it and then decorate these gorgeous little cakes with just a hint of icing sugar – which is totally optional. Instead of incorporating the sliced strawberries into the mixture, I like to add them right at the end when the cupcake mixture has been put into the pans so that you can see the strawberry pieces poking out the top of the cupcakes.
Thermomix Strawberry CupcakesPrint Pin Rate
- 120 g unsalted butter – softened
- 160 g caster sugar
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1/2 of cup milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 250 g of strawberries – sliced
- icing sugar to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the flour, softened butter, sugar, vanilla extract, milk and eggs into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 before scraping the sides and mixing for a further 5 seconds on speed 4 or until the mixture is pale and smooth.
- Place the mixture into your prepared cupcake tray and divide the strawberry pieces amongst the cupcakes - push some of the pieces gently into the cupcakes. Place the strawberry cupcakes into the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cakes begin to turn golden on top and are cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the trays from the oven and allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with a little icing sugar to decorate and enjoy!
Do you love strawberries too? Make sure you check out our Strawberry and Cream Cupcake recipe as well!