These Thermomix Sultana Scones are simple to make and are perfect for afternoon tea!
While I do love our Date Scone recipe, these Thermomix Sultana Scones are a very yummy alternative! This isn't quite a traditional scone recipe (you can find one of those here) but I promise you the mixture does all come together and the resulting scones are beautifully light and fluffy.
We like to enjoy these scones while they are still a little warm and smeared with a generous amount of butter, however you can also top them with your favourite jam (my boys like to eat them with Apricot Jam) and even a little fresh cream if you like. Along with being a great morning or afternoon tea treat, these Thermomix Sultana Scones are also great popped in the kids lunch boxes.
Thermomix Sultana Scones
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 50 grams butter
- 80 grams sultanas
- 1 egg
- 160 grams milk Plus extra to brush the scones
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the self raising flour, baking powder and butter into the bowl of your Thermomix and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 9 or until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sultanas, milk, egg, salt and caster sugar and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 or until combined.
- Use the kneading (dough) function to mix for 40 seconds.
- Pour onto a floured surface and gently work the mixture into a rectangle which is approximately 3cm thick.
- Coat a round cutter in flour and cut our your scones. Place them close together (you want the to almost be touching) on your baking tray. Continue until you have used all the mixture.
- Brush with a little milk and place the tray into the oven for approximately 12 minutes. The scones are ready when they begin to turn golden and make a hollow sound when tapped.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
For more great Thermomix baking recipes, why not grab a copy of our Thermomix Baking eBook - you can also browse our collection of eBooks here.