I’ve been making these Thermomix Four Ingredient Scones for a few years now and while it’s always been quick and easy to put together, using a Thermomix makes it dangerously easy to have a batch of these little beauties in the oven in no time at all.
If I had to choose my favourite morning or afternoon tea treat, without a doubt I would have to choose Scones. There is nothing better than sitting down with a hot cup of tea and enjoying a freshly baked Scone which is slathered in Jam and Cream.
While I know Strawberry Jam traditionally goes with Scones, I can’t help but topping mine with my Mum’s homemade Apricot Jam – yum!
And if you love the look of our scones, why not check out our similar recipes…
Apple & Cinnamon Scrolls
Four Ingredient Scones
- 620 g of self raising flour
- 80 g of butter - chilled
- 500 ml of milk - plus a little extra to brush over
- A sprinkle of salt
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the flour and butter into the bowl of your Thermomix and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 9 or until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 4 or until combined.
- Knead the mixture for 40 seconds.
- Pour onto a floured surface (don't worry it will be soft and sticky) and gently work the mixture into a rectangle which is approximately 3cm thick.
- Coat a round cutter in flour and cut our your scones. Place them close together (you want the to almost be touching) on your baking tray. Continue until you have used all the mixture.
- Brush with a little milk and place the tray into the oven for 10 - 12 minutes. The scones are ready when they begin to turn golden and make a hollow sound when tapped.
- Carefully remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite jam and fresh whipped cream.
What’s your favourite afternoon tea treat?