Our deliciously healthy and simple Thermomix Choc Banana Muffins make the perfect lunch box snack for your kids… or mid-afternoon treat for yourself!
With 4 little boys between our two families, Lauren and I are always on the lookout for healthy recipes that our kids will actually eat and enjoy! And that’s where these Thermomix Choc Banana Muffins come in! They’re a total winner with kids… plus they’re FAR healthier than your usual chocolate muffin. High fives all round, right!?
And better yet, these are so super easy to make in the Thermomix (isn’t everything!?). In fact, you’ll be taking a batch out of the oven in 20 minutes. Yep, how easy is that? Starting prep to fully cooked in 20 minutes. Gotta love that!
So whether you’re after a lunch box snack for your kids (by the way, these are totally freezer-friendly), or a yummy treat for yourself – give out Thermomix Choc Banana Muffins a go! xx
Thermomix Choc Banana Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 95 g greek yoghurt
- 85 g honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 70 g coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 210 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius and line a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Place the bananas into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 6, 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat once more.
- Add the greek yoghurt, honey, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and egg and mix on Speed 4, 15 seconds, or until well combined.
- Add the plain flour, bi-carb soda, cocoa powder and salt and mix on Speed 4, 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 2-3 seconds or until just combined (don't over-mix the ingredients).
- Fold through half of the chocolate chips with the spatula.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases (filling to 2/3 of the way). Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.