Now that the weather has finally cooled down, this Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup is making a regular appearance on our dinner table!
I came up with this Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup recipe a few weeks ago when we had an extremely cold day here in Brisbane (ok, so it was still 21 degrees but that is cold for us!) and I had a craving for some hot soup. It was the weekend and the last thing I felt like doing was heading to the shops for supplies, so I raided the fridge and pantry for ingredients instead.
I used carrots, celery, beans, onion and zucchini to make this soup, however you can use whatever veggies you like - corn is great too. I also added ½ teaspoon of medium mexican spice mix to give it a bit of heat, however if you and the kids don't like spicy soup, you can use a mild spice or simply leave it out.
Because this soup is pretty healthy, I couldn't resist topping it with some grated cheese - yum!
Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup
- 100 grams zucchini
- 60 grams carrot
- 80 grams brown onion
- 2 stalks of celery leaves removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 grams beans
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 400 grams tin of crushed tomatoes
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 700 grams water
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- ½ teaspoon medium mexican spice powder optional - can also use mild
- Cut the onion into quarters and add the peeled garlic cloves to your Thermomix bowl.
- Roughly cut the zucchini, carrot and celery into 3 cm pieces and add to your Thermomix bowl. With the MC on, blitz for 5 seconds on speed 4. If you want your veggies finer, blitz for a further 3 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, varoma temp, speed 2 MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, dried mixed herbs, corn flour and spice powder. Cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE, MC on.
- Add the beans which have been cut into 3cm pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE, MC on.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and serve.
If you are looking for more Thermomix Soup Recipes, make sure you check out this great collection!
Click here if you want to view our Thermomix Vegetable Soup.