Now that the weather has finally cooled down, this Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup is making a regular appearance on our dinner table!
I came up with this Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup recipe a few weeks ago when we had an extremely cold day here in Brisbane (ok, so it was still 21 degrees but that is cold for us!) and I had a craving for some hot soup. It was the weekend and the last thing I felt like doing was heading to the shops for supplies, so I raided the fridge and pantry for ingredients instead.
I used carrots, celery, beans, onion and zucchini to make this soup, however you can use whatever veggies you like – corn is great too. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of medium mexican spice mix to give it a bit of heat, however if you and the kids don’t like spicy soup, you can use a mild spice or simply leave it out.
Because this soup is pretty healthy, I couldn’t resist topping it with some grated cheese – yum!
Thermomix Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Soup
- 1 zucchini Small - approximately 100g
- 1 carrot
- 1 brown onion small - approximately 80g
- 2 stalks of celery leaves removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 grams beans
- 20 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 400 grams tin of crushed tomatoes
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 700 grams water
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp medium mexican spice powder optional - can also use mild
- Cut the onion into quarters and add the peeled garlic cloves to your Thermomix bowl.
- Roughly cut the zucchini, carrot and celery into 3 cm pieces and add to your Thermomix bowl. With the MC on, blitz for 5 seconds on speed 4. If you want your veggies finer, blitz for a further 3 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and cook for 3 minutes, varoma temp, speed 2 MC on.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, dried mixed herbs, corn flour and spice powder. Cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE, MC on.
- Add the beans which have been cut into 3cm pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2 REVERSE, MC on.
- Divide the soup into four bowls and serve.