I have to say that I love making muffins in my Thermomix! And to be honest, I virtually always use this Thermomix basic muffin recipe. It’s so versatile and you can add any flavourings you like. A few of my faves are:
- raspberry and white chocolate chunks
- chocolate chip
- stewed apple and cinnamon
- tinned peaches
- chopped dates and pecans
- strawberry and a sprinkle of coconut
The trick to getting your muffins perfect is to not over-mix them. Over-mixing will lead to dense muffins (and no-one wants that!!). I also love to sprinkle a little bit of raw sugar over the muffins just before baking as it gives them a gorgeous crunch when cooked. Totally optional – but seriously yum!!
I love eating these muffins plain and simple on their own, but you can always add a cream cheese frosting, a sprinkle of icing sugar or even a dollop of yogurt on the side.
Thermomix Basic Muffin RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 265 g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 170 g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 50 g (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 240 g (1 cup) milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (180 if using fan-forced).
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Place the self raising flour into the TM bowl and sift by pressing Turbo 5 times.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on Speed 5 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat for a further 5 seconds (the batter should be lumpy).
- Use the spatular to fold through any add-ins you like (don't over-mix).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases (fill 2/3 to the top).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.