Are you looking for an easy and yummy breakfast? This Thermomix Pikelet recipe is for you! These Thermomix Pikelets are SO EASY to put together and along with being a fun breakfast, they can also be enjoyed for morning tea, dessert or even as a lunch box treat!
It's no secret that we love Pikelets in our house, and these classic Pikelets are on high rotation along with this Apple Pikelet recipe. We like to smother our Pikelets with a thick layer of strawberry jam or a squeeze or lemon and a sprinkle of sugar - yum! This recipe makes around 24 Pikelets, giving you plenty of leftovers to pop into the freezer for a quick snack (or lunch box filler) on those days when time just seems to get away from you.
- 190 g of self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 200 g of milk
- 60 g of melted butter
- 1 egg
- Sprinkle of salt
- extra butter to add to your pan.
- Put the butter into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 2 minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2 or until melted.
- Add the self raising flour, caster sugar, milk, egg and a sprinkle of salt and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Preheat your frying pan with a little bit of butter over a medium high heat and add tablespoon amounts of the apple pikelet mixture.
- When bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pikelets, carefully flip them over and cook for a further 30 seconds on the other side before transferring to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Continue until you have used all of the pikelet mixture.
- Serve these pikelets warm with your choice of toppings.
What's your favourite Pikelet topping?