My kids might have good appetites and are open to trying different things, however given half the chance they would be happy to exist on a diet of Chicken Nuggets alone. These Thermomix Chicken Tenders are a great alternative to store bought chicken nuggets (and much cheaper too) and both of my boys LOVE sitting down to a plate of these 'Huge Nuggets'.
This is a great recipe to put together for an easy lunch or dinner and you could even make a couple of batches for your next party. Once cooked, these Thermomix Chicken Tenders can also be stored in the freezer, making them as easy midweek dinner when served with a few veggies or salad.
- 500 g of chicken breast
- 1 cup of bread crumbs - approximately three slices of day old bread
- 100 g of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips and place in the fridge until needed.
- Lightly beat the eggs and place them into a bowl - set aside until needed.
- Place the Parmesan Cheese into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 9.
- Add the bread crumbs, mixed herbs and sesame seeds along with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 or until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and coat the chicken strips in the egg before transferring to the bowl with the bread crumb mixture and turn to coat.
- Place the coated chicken strips onto your baking tray and cook for 25 minute or until golden and cooked through.
Are your kids mad for chicken nuggets too? What's your favourite chicken recipe?