I have always loved making lemon curd – it’s so versatile!! Sometimes I like to make a batch and give it away as a yummy little foodie gift for friends, but other times it gets all used up in my desserts. This is such a simple recipe. I mean, everything is simple in the Thermomix, but this is really simple!
Don’t worry if your lemon curd is still a little runny after the cooking time, it will firm on standing.
Once you’ve made your lemon curd, pour it into a sterilised jar and keep it in the fridge for 2 weeks (but I promise you that it will never ever last that long!).
You can use lemon curd in lemon meringue pie, lemon cupcakes, dolloped onto ice-cream, slathered onto scones, swirled through a cheesecake… or pretty much anything else you can think of!!
How to Make Lemon Curd in a Thermomix
- Zest of 2 lemons (approx 6 tablespoons)
- 2 eggs
- 2 extra egg yolks
- 165 g caster sugar
- 80 g unsalted butter , chilled
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Peel the 2 lemons with a peeler and place the zest into the Thermomix bowl.
- Finely grate on Speed 10 for 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and repeat until only a very fine zest remains.
- Add the eggs, extra egg yolks, caster sugar, butter and lemon juice and cook on Speed 5, 10 minutes, 80 degrees.
- Check the lemon curd and if it's still very runny, cook for a further 1-2 minutes on Speed 5, 90 degrees.
- Pour lemon curd through a strainer (to remove any remaining zest) and into a sterilised jar.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.