If you’re anything like me, you are just a ‘little bit’ obsessed with salted caramel sauce. Ok that may be the underestimate of the year, but you know what I mean! When it comes to salted caramel sauce, I am all in. I love it on it’s own, drizzled over desserts, on top of ice-cream, in apple pie… you get the drift.
For years I’ve been making salted caramel sauce on the stovetop, but I decided that it was finally time to start making it in the Thermomix… and boy am I glad I did! It is SO easy. You don’t need to worry about a sugar thermometer or stressing out that it might burn. You just pop all of the ingredients in, set it and and go. Easy peasy. And don’t worry if your sauce is quite runny when it finishes cooking – it will thicken up as it sets.
The only problem with this Thermomix salted caramel sauce is that it’s far too easy – which probably means that you’re going to see me hovering over my Thermie at 10pm, licking salted caramel sauce straight from the bowl!
Thermomix Salted Caramel Sauce
- 125 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 250 g packed brown sugar (dark or normal is fine)
- 125 g thickened cream (not light cream)
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt (depending on how salty you like your sauce
- Place all ingredients into the TM bowl.
- Cook on Varoma, Speed 2 for 6-9 minutes with the MC off (cook for a further couple of minutes if you'd like your sauce to be thicker).
- Please note: sauce will thicken further on cooling.