Our Thermomix Banana Oat Muffins are great for the kids lunchboxes and they are also freezer friendly too!
I've been making these Banana Oat Muffins for years now (you can find the original and conventional version of the recipe here) and they continue to be a favourite with my kids. These yummy muffins are a great way to use up those brown (or half eaten!) bananas that the kids won't touch and the addition of rolled oats also helps them to keep a little fuller for longer.
This recipe is perfect for making on the weekend in preparation for the week ahead and it's perfect for the kids lunchboxes too. You can also freezer these Banana Oat Muffins which makes them a handy snack to have on hand for those times when you just don't feel like cooking.
When making this Thermomix Banana Oat Muffins recipe, if you don't have any greek yoghurt you can use plain or vanilla yoghurt in it's place. Also you can substitute the coconut oil for the same quantity of melted butter. It's also important to make sure that your bananas are brown as this is what helps to give these muffins their sweetness.
For more easy snack recipes, check out this collection of freezer friendly Thermomix Lunch Box Snacks for the Kids, and you can also find more easy Thermomix recipes in our books and ebooks - browse all available products here.
Thermomix Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 bananas - overripe
- 200 grams greek yoghurt
- 120 grams coconut oil liquid
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 110 grams rolled oats Plus a few extra to decorate.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Place the bananas (which have been chopped in half), greek yoghurt, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla extract into your Thermomix bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5 to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE to combine.
- Scrape down the sides of your Thermomix bowl and mix for a further 5 seconds, speed 4, REVERSE.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin tin and sprinkle with the extra rolled oats. Place the muffin tray into the oven and bake for approx 20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the Banana Oat Muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffins tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.