Now that winter is here, there’s no better time to make big batch of Thermomix Chicken & Corn Soup! It’s hearty, warming and so incredibly delicious. Best of all, it will be on the table in 20 minutes… how easy is that.
This soup is my go-to recipe on the nights when I’ve run out of time to cook dinner. I usually grab a cooked chicken from the supermarket on the way home, which makes this recipe an absolute breeze! If you’ve got time, you can always poach and shred your own chicken breasts in the Thermomix.
And speaking of winter, next time you’re sniffling and coughing from a yucky cold, definitely whip up a batch of this soup. It should be called a miracle soup, because it always makes you feel so much better.
What are your favourite soups to make during winter?
PS. If you love the sound of this recipe, make sure you also check out our Thermomix Pumpkin Soup.
Thermomix Chicken & Corn Soup
- 3 spring onions , roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed
- 10 g olive oil
- 420 g can creamed corn
- 125 g can corn kernels , drained, rinsed
- 900 g chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken - a BBQ chicken from the supermarket works perfectly (or 2 small chicken breasts poached and shredded)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (extra for serving)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour , dissolved in a little water
- 2 egg whites , lightly beaten
Place spring onions and garlic into the TM bowl.
Chop on Speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides and repeat.
Add the oil and saute 100 degrees, Speed soft for 3 minutes.
Add the creamed corn, corn kernals, chicken stock, and shredded chicken and cook for 15 minutes, 100 degrees, Reverse Speed 1.
Set the timer to 2 minutes and mix on Speed 1. Slowly add the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, cornflour (mixed with water) and the lightly beaten egg whites.
Serve with extra soy sauce and chopped spring onions.