Looking for the BEST Thermomix Chunky Bolognese recipe? Our Veggie Packed Thermomix Chunky Bolognese is for you!
Yes this Thermomix Chunky Bolognese is certainly not a ‘traditional’ bolognese recipe, however it’s packed with veggies, freezer friendly and simple to make – that’s a win for me!
This Bolognese is also great when used to make our Thermomix Beef and Vegetable Pasta Bake, as a topping for Baked Potatoes, over the top of zucchini noodles and even as a filling for your toasties.
Tips for Making our Veggie Packed Thermomix Chunky Bolognese Recipe:
- You can use other vegetables in this recipe, mushrooms or sweet potato are also good options.
- If you would prefer to leave the bacon or some vegetables out, that is completely fine. Please note that it will change the flavour though.
- If you would like your vegetables cut into smaller pieces, simply blitz for longer.
- Different brands of crushed tomatoes have different water contents, which can make your bolognese ‘watery’. I like to use the Ardmona brand.
- I find this recipe will give our family of two adults and three young kids 2 meals.
- This recipe is freezer friendly.
You can find more family friendly dinner ideas in this post
Veggie Packed Thermomix Chunky Bolognese
- Thermomix Basket Insert
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 slices short cut bacon roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion cut in half
- 20 grams olive oil
- 2 carrots chopped into 4 cm pieces
- 2 stalks of celery chopped into 4 cm pieces
- 100 grams pumpkin peeled
- 1 zucchini chopped into 4cm pieces
- 800 grams crushed tomato
- 40 grams tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 500 grams beef mince
- Place the garlic, onion and bacon into your Thermomix bowl and blitz for 3 seconds, speed 6.
- Scrape down the sides of the Thermomix bowl and add the olive oil before cooing for 3 minutes, varoma tempreture, speed 2.
- Add the carrots, celery, zucchini and pumpkin pieces and mix for 4 seconds on speed 5. Mix for a further 5 seconds on speed 5 if you would like the vegetables to be chopped into small pieces.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and dried mixed herbs and cook for 5 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 2.
- Place the beef mince into the basket and break it up with your spatula. Carefully place it into your Thermomix bowl and cook for 8 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 3, reverse.
- At the 8 minute mark, gently stir the mince and cook for another 4 minutes, varoma temperature, speed 3, reverse or until the mince has cooked through.
- Carefully remove the basket from the Thermomix bowl and tip the mince into your Thermoserver or another large bowl/container. Add the sauce and stir through to combine.